The Last Hope - Why you should read Warrior Cats

I'm sure you glazed over when you read the title. I know - I'm that 'crazy' girl who obsesses over fictional cats. Hear me out. Warrior cats in one of the best series on the planet (especially for anyone that loves animals) and encompasses love, war and life in a couple of children's' books.

I first got into Warriors when I was 7 or 8 and lived in Wellington. After I'd gotten a cold, my mum went down to the local library to grab me some books. Among them was 'Seekers' - another series about bears in canada by Warriors author Erin Hunter. My mum told me that she'd also seen other books by Erin Hunter, about cats, but they sounded rather violent. Of course, I couldn't resist.

The characters are perhaps the best part of the books; they are rich and full and although many may not be likeable, they resonate as real and true. One of my favourite cats (and a great example) is Jayfeather, the grumpy blind medicine cat of ThunderClan and a prophised. While he is often the hero of the piece, he retains character and strength, never deserting his ways and never becoming the disabled preacher.

Image result for jayfeather

Another trait that I love is the series deals with many different themes including many difficult ones such as jealousy, murder, blame, unrequited love, greed, fear and dictatorship. There even some suggested homosexual relationships such as Ravenpaw and Barley and Tallstar and Jake. Warriors teaches acceptance and honesty, even in the face of life threatening danger.

Finally, the community that builds up around the books is truly stunning. Last November, I joined BlogClan, a site run by one of the authors under the guise of Erin Hunter, Kate Cary. It's a group of slightly crazy nerds from all over the world who love Warrior Cats, and it is the that I find so many people like me. It's astonishing the age range of fans - I have seen some as young as 9 or 10 up to legal adults of 18, 19 and 20.
Image result for blogclan

Therefore, you must read Warrior Cats. Together with all it's attributes it makes an enteraining, fun read while being deep and seeing into the very roots of the human soul.

"Destiny isn't a path that any cat follows blindly. It is always a matter of choice and sometimes the heart speaks loudly."
-  Leafpool, Sign of the Moon, Page 108 



Comments

  1. oof I hope you like this <3 Please give feedback, it's much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts